Sinking your teeth into a piece of cake with your partner tasting the other end of it on your wedding day is a moment worth capturing for a hashtag Insta post. So, having the best cake for the event is important if you want the photograph to have genuine delight in it. With hundreds of flavors and models to wedding cakes, you could find it hard to pick one. Let us have a closer look at the various flavors you can choose from.
Points to Keep in Mind When Choosing Your Wedding Cake Flavor
Of all things that would go wrong at a wedding reception, it is the unfortunate situation of having to eat a tasteless cake that will have the guests morose and disgusted. Although not many of them would express this displeasure towards the cake, some of the guests could go on to get their passive aggression working. We all need the entire event to be a successful one with every attendee having a good time and a smile at the end of the day. Here are a few tips that can help you choose the right wedding cake flavor.
- Keep the selection of your cake’s flavor for later; do it only after you decide the wedding style and colors.
- Contact every high-quality bakery in your locality and schedule a tasting.
- Choose a flavor that is likely to please every guest present for the reception. But you must pay attention to your future spouse’s and your interests than the others who attend the wedding because it is your memorable day, which the rest of the people will forget in no time.
- Get two flavors when you and your partner are not able to agree on a single cake.
- With plenty of flavors, you can get confused about what to select for the wedding. In such situations, it is best to start tasting the flavors you already know.
- Understanding the difference in the types of frostings is important.
- Keep trying new flavors until you can find the incredibly entrancing one.
- Go ahead and skip the part of frosting if you aren’t a fan of this decorative element.
Different Wedding Cake Flavors
1. Traditional Wedding Cake Flavors
- Red Velvet
- Coconut and Lime
- Pink Champagne
- White Chocolate Raspberry
2. Wedding Cake Flavors for Spring
- Strawberry cake
- Almond cake with lemon
- Coconut cake with passion fruit filling
- Banana walnut with cream cheese frosting
- Lemon pound cake
- Key lime cake
3. Wedding Cake Flavors for Summer
- Lime and Lemon cakes with curd and ginger filling
- Vanilla cake with dark chocolate and orange
- Coconut cake with spiced rum buttercream
- Spiced coconut cake with coconut flakes
- Banana coconut cake with white chocolate
- Pink champagne with strawberry and chocolate mousse
4. Wedding Cake Flavors for Fall
- Pumpkin spice cake
- Apple cinnamon with apple filling
- Spice cake with hazelnut buttercream
- Orange and butternut squash cake
5. Wedding Cake Flavors for Winter
- Chai tea cake
- Graham cracker cake with dark chocolate
- Chile chocolate cake
- Brown butter spice cake
- Bourbon vanilla cake with raspberry filling
- Chocolate fudge cake